This sweet girl is Claudette. She was living at the Rescue Center getting dressing changes while we were in Haiti last week.
She was lighting an oil lamp when her clothes started on fire. Her mother is bedridden and told her to quickly run next door, but as we all know fire and running don't go well together. By the time she reached her neighbors and they helped to put out the fire, she had burned the entire front of her little body. These burns are not uncommon in Haiti. I just read about this new Battery Kit project starting that will give Haitians an alternative to using oil lamps. Kind of an interesting idea.