Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Waiting and Thank you

If you haven't already, take the time to read about little Nerlande. Her story is incredible and I was SO happy to see how great she looked when I checked the RHRC website today.



Here she is now...
2 pounds bigger and looking so healthy!


Here she is when she came into the Rescue Center.
She has already been through so much in her little life.
I can't even imagine!
The money we are raising is going to give HOPE to children like Nerlande.



One of the things Artists For Hope was able to do with money from the artwork donated so far was have new dresses made for the children at the RC. Scrub material was donated to them and they were able to employ some women to sew uniforms/dresses for the children that live at the center. The children now have a clean, new outfit to wear and someone was able to earn some money for their family by sewing....thanks to your donations.

We have also donated just for the general needs of the center, but it's nice to see something specific that has come from your purchases. The people who work at the Rescue Center work hard day after day to help these children and adults and I know they are very thankful for the artists and people who have purchased artwork to help them. Thank you!

If anyone has gone through the process of starting a Non Profit, will you let me know. We want to get going on this ASAP, but honestly it kind of makes my head hurt. I'm hoping there is someone who has gone through the process and can give us some tips. I know it's a bit of a long process and I don't really want to wait to get things going...but I know it's the next step we need to take. Thanks!


No comments: